1. When will moneys in dispute between the parties having interest thereon be subjected to the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965 ?

    Moneys in the entity’s savings will only be Unclaimed Moneys if the moneys is payable under the law but is still not paid within the specified period of time according to the provisions of the Act. Moneys in dispute between the parties having interest in it will only become payable under the law when the said dispute is resolved. After that, the money that is still not paid to its owner after the period of one year of within a longer period as decided will be known as unclaimed moneys.
  1. How can moneys in fixed deposit accounts having automatic renewal instructions become unclaimed moneys ?

    According to the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965, moneys in credit of a particular account that is not managed by the owners within the time period of not less than seven years is interpreted as Unclaimed Moneys.
    Issuance of a standing instruction by the account holder may be accepted by financial institutions as business managed by its owner. However, action upon the said standing instruction will be taken by the financial institution and this action cannot be accepted as business managed by its owner. For the purpose of calculating the time period of seven years as specified in the Act, it starts from the date of the last standing instruction issued by the account holder.
  1. What should be done by the entity if there are errors in the Unclaimed Moneys Register (UMA-3) after it is submitted to the Registrar ?

    If the submission of the Unclaimed Moneys has been processed by the Registrar, the said entity can submit an application to reclaim the moneys wrongly reported or the total surrender. To rectify the errors made, the entity is required to submit a new UMA-3 register.

    If the said submission is still not processed by the Registrar, the said entity may apply to recover the UMA-3 register together with the payment cheque for the purpose of cancellation. The submission of the new UMA-3 must be forwarded.
  1. Who is authorized to sign form UMA-3 and UMA-4 ?

    a) Company – Director, Company Secretary and any of its officers or party given the authority.
    b) Corporation – Any of its officers or party given the authority.
    c) Firm – Partner, manager or any of its officers or party given the authority
  1. What are the steps taken by the Registrar to create awareness among companies / firms on the requirement of the Unclaimed Act 1965?

    Other than the entity check and guide book distribution, the Registrar also organizes briefing sessions on the provisions of the Act at his / her office and at all state offices of this Department (Accountant General’s Department of Malaysia). The Registrar is also prepared to accept any invitation by the entity to conduct the said briefing at their office.



  1. Where is the Application form for Refund of Unclaimed Moneys (UMA-7) available ?

    Members of the public can obtain form UMA-7 from the Registrar’s office. This form is also available at all state offices of this Department and at most commercial banks. Applicants can download this form from the website for official use (Click here for UMA- 7

  2. Will the Registrar impose any charges for processing the application for refund of Unclaimed Moneys ?

    No charges will be imposed. The Registrar will refund the amount of moneys received without any interest given.

  3. Is there a specified time limit for the application of refund of Unclaimed Moneys that had been submitted to the Registrar?

    The time limit is not specified in the Act. Moneys in the Registrar’s savings can be claimed by any person having right thereon and at any time in the future.

  4. Can a particular applicant make a claim if the original document showing right over the Unclaimed Moneys is lost ?

    Can. The applicant will need to submit a letter of confirmation from the entity that submitted the said Unclaimed Moneys as supporting document in his / her application.

  5. Can a particular individual make inquiries whether he / she has Unclaimed Moneys in the Registrar’s savings.

    An individual can check their unclaimed moneys at Registrar office counter or JANM state office.

    Parties genuinely having Unclaimed Moneys will be able to provide the information needed.

  6. Does the Registrar appoint agents?

    The Ministry of Finance or Unclaimed Money Registrar have never appointed any individuals/ firms/ companies as an intermediary or agent for the refund of Unclaimed Money.
    Anyone who has Unclaimed Money can apply for a refund directly to the office of the Unclaimed Money Registrar without any charges/ costs incurred.

  7. Where can the claims for the refund of Unclaimed Money (WTD) be submitted?

    All refund applications or any enquiries related to WTD can be submitted to the WTD Registrar at the following address:

Pendaftar Wang Tak Dituntut
Jabatan Akauntan Negara Malaysia
Bahagian Pengurusan Wang Tak Dituntut (BWTD)
Tingkat 42, Menara Maybank
100, Jalan Tun Perak
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-2056 8000
Fax: 03-2072 5707/ 03-2026 7430